The WESET Project aims at
- Transferring knowledge and technology among experts in European, Egyptian and Tunisian institutions in the field of Wind Engineering.
- Strengthening the links between academic institutions and industry in order to train engineers in the skills needed to support industrial growth in the wind energy sector.
- Promoting Bologna Process standards in the in South Mediterranean region, with a focus on employability.
- The consortium will develop modules and laboratories suitable for capacity building in Wind Energy for on-campus teaching in Egypt and Tunisia, linked with their national industries. Training materials will be produced for four Master modules, in English and French.
- A pilot test of the training materials will be carried out in Egyptian and Tunisian partner institutions, after which, the training materials will be openly distributed and promoted.
- Egyptian and Tunisian academic staff and master students with great potential will be trained in Europe using the Train the Trainer Approach in real-life Wind Engineering aspects and in the use of the training materials.
- Five Wind Energy Centers will be created (one at each Egyptian and Tunisian institution). The staff trained will support the Wind Energy centres to sustain the project after its completion.
- Course Modules will be created to introduce Wind Engineering in Higher Education Institutions from Egypt and Tunisia, adapted to their specific characteristics, which will be pilot tested on 5 Higher Education Institutions from both countries
- 5 Wind Engineering centres will be created to support the development of Wind Engineering in Egypt and Tunisia at Academy, Industry and Official levels.